Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The joys of a table top fountain


The Joy of a table top fountain

One of my favorite things everyday as I work in my office is the fact that I can listen to the soothing sounds of water trickling out of the dragon's mouth and then dropping down onto some pebbles continuing on into the main pool of water. This is just one of my favorite table top fountains

I have always enjoyed fountains in my main garden at home but just recently I decided that I would add a table type fountain to my office at work and enjoy the sounds of the water all day as I work.

My job requires that I process and do a lot of paper work every day and most of the work is done on the computer. However this work at times can be very boring and take up a great deal of my time.

To help relax me and to help break up the silence of the day I keep my fountain running and it really has made a difference.

I'm lucky in a way I guess because I do not share my office with anyone and I have it all to myself. I do not work in an environment of the cubicle office like so many office workers do. My office is rather large and I have it filled to nearly capacity with indoor bonsai plants and other items that I enjoy.

Many have remarked about my office looking like a small nursery and I just laugh because to me they are just my plants and I enjoy having them around me all the time to see and tend to when I'm not working.

But I guess to my coworkers and others that have visited my office it probably does look very over crowded with bonsai plants as there are nearly forty of them in my area at work in various places.

I guess the point of all this is to tell you that if you can at all get your boss to let you add one of these small table top fountains to your work area then by all means do so as they are very relaxing and help the day go by. Not to mention they add a little beauty and also help to personalize your work area.

Most of the table type fountains usually have a little room left over where you can add some plant life to it and that will also begin to create a better effect for you and your passers by to enjoy.

There are many to choose from in the market place and styles and designs are most often of a personal preference. You could spend hours looking for the right one and in doing so pass many different ones by. But when you do see the one you fall in love with you will most likely just have to have it as these little fountains are almost always an impulse buy.

Since I'm into bonsai and frogs are part of the culture with the Chinese and Japanese so I most recently choose a fountain that displayed frogs and I love it. Of course dragons are also a part of the culture in some ways so I also enjoy my main fountain that has two bowls and a dragon in the center that dispenses the water.

I just yesterday added my new frog fountain as it is a little smaller than my dragon fountain and fits wonderfully on my desk right where I hear it well and also so that I can view it.

These fountains need not be expensive you can pick up a nice one in many shopping areas for under fifty bucks and get a life time of enjoyment out of your investment.

If you would like to see the frog table top fountain then I have added a picture to this post for you to view. If you like this fountain and would like to have one then contact me I can get one to your door in most parts of the country for $46.95 like I said under fifty bucks and that includes shipping and handling.

This style frog and lily pad designed fountain comes with pump and UL approved cord the decorative stones are not included. The size is 11 1/2" x 10 1/2" x 7" high. Four froggy friends grab a cool drink of water from the cup of a lilypad leaf. A treat to behold indoors or out! Pump included. The material is Alabastrite. Ul recognized. 11 1/2" x 10 1/2" x 7" high.

If frogs are not your cup of tea then by all means keep looking till you find your favorite table top fountain and then grab it up and enjoy it because there really is something about hearing the sounds or water moving that will do wonders for your day trust me about this one.

Just to let you all know this will be my last post for the year 2005. My first article for the year of 2006 will be the creation of an upright bonsai one of the main styles of bonsai.

I look forward to writing many new articles for you in the coming year and I hope you enjoy the Living Bonsai and More and will return often to read my ramblings and posts.

Here is wishing each and every one a very happy NewYear and a very fantastic 2006.


Thanks for reading and viewing.
By Harold Yearout

No comments: